Lemon Rice Recipe
- Cooked Rice-2 cup
- Roasted or fried Peanuts-1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Coriander and cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Green chillies- 4 pieces or according to your taste
- Curry leaves-4-6
- Turmeric-1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Hing(asafetida)- a pinch
- chopped ginger-1tsp
- Chana dal and urad dal- 1tsp
- Lemon-2 or 3 tbsp lemon juice -according to your taste
How to Prepare Lemon Rice with fresh raw rice?
1) Cook 2 cup of rice with 2 cup of water and add salt, turmeric and lemon juice in the rice cooker/pressure cooker.
2) If you are cooking in a pressure cooker, turn off the heat after one whistle.
3) Let it cool down..
Seasoning for Fresh cooked yellow Rice:
1) Heat 2 tbsp oil and add mustard seeds. As seeds starts crackling, add hing(asafetida) , cut green chilies, curry leaves, coriander, cumin seeds and chana dal
2) After a few seconds add urad dal (urad dal quickly turns brown so we are adding later) and peanuts. Mix it well.
3) Now add cooked yellow rice (we have already added, salt, turmeric and lemon while cooking) and Mix it well for a minute and half. You don’t need to cook more otherwise rice grains will break easily.
Seasoning for Left over rice:
1) As this rice is white so in a bowl, first add rice, lemon juice and salt. Mix it well.
2) Now follow other three steps mentioned in the Seasoning for Fresh cooked yellow Rice.
This way you can cook lemon rice just in 2-3 minutes