Doodhi or Bhat na Muthia
Such as rice, methi, Palak, Cabbaage, MixVeg Muthia. With my simple recipe, you can make any type of muthia either with any veg or rice
Ingredients for Muthia:
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup Besan (chickpeas flour-chana no lot)
- 2 cup cooked rice (or grated bottle gourd for Doodhi na Muthia)
- 1 tsp coriander-cumin powder (Dhania Jeera)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala (MDH or badshah)-to your taste
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice or ½ cup of Sour curd
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp Haldi (turmeric)
- 1 tsp ginger-chili paste (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Little water or buttermilk
Preparation for Muthia
- In a bowl, Mix all the ingredients
- If you are making Doodhi (bottle gourd) Muthia then squeeze out water from the grated bottle gourd.
- Make stiff dough with little water or buttermilk if needed.
- Divide the dough into balls and Make cylindrical shape with your palm, grease your palm with oil if needed.
- Put this cylindrical rolls-Muthia into a steamer, it is OK if they stick to each other.
- Steam it for 30 minutes in a steamer or Pressure cooker. Usually I keep Muthia plate on the top of Dal-rice boxes in the pressure cooker(3 whistles)
- Let it cool down and cut into small pieces/thick slices.
Ingredients for Seasoning-tadka and Garnishing
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- red chili powder, salt according to the taste
- a pinch of asafoetida (Hing)
- ½ cup cilantro-coriander leaves
Method for Seasoning:
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, when it crackles add cumin seeds, sesame seeds, Hing, curry leaves, little chili powder(if needed) and sauté for a minute.
- Now add Muthia pieces and sauté for 5 minutes on a medium flame until it turns light brown.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.